Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Today I will use the Rider Waite...haven't had it out for a while.




What do I need to know today:

The Magician:
(from Learning the Tarot, Joan Bunning)
The Magician is the archetype of the active, masculine principle-the ultimate achiever.  He symbolizes the power to tap universal forces and use them for creative purposes.  Note his stance in the picture.  He acts as a lightning rod-one arm extended up into the Divine for inspiration, the other pointing toward Earth to ground this potent energy!  His abilities appear magical at times because his will helps him achieve what seem to be miracles.  
What makes the magician so powerful?  First, he is not afraid to act.  He believes in himself and is willing to put that belief on the line.  He also knows what he intends to do and why.  He doesn't hesitate because he understands his situation exactly.  The Magician can focus with single-minded determination.  As long as he remembers the divine source of his power, the Magician remains the perfect conduit for miracles.
In a reading, the Magician implies that the primal forces of creativity are yours if you can claim your power and act with awareness and concentration.  This card is a signal to act and act now, provided you understand exactly what you want and are committed to getting it.

The Challenge!

The Ace of Wands:
(from Learning the Tarot, Joan Bunning)
The Ace of Wands is a symbol of possibility in the area of creativity, excitement, adventure, courage, and personal power.  In readings, it shows that a seed of bold enthusiasm has been planted in your life although you might not yet recognize it.  When the seed sprouts, it could take almost any form.  It might be a creative idea, surge of optimism, or need to act boldly.  On the outside, it could be an offer, gift, opportunity, encounter, or synchronistic event.
When you see this Ace, examine your life to see how it's potent, confident energy could work for you.  Be daring and brave.  Sometimes you have to risk to get what you want.  Look for the path that will excite you and push you beyond your limits.  Seize the imitative, and let your enthusiasm take you to new heights.  Wands are the suit of individual power and fulfillment.  This Ace tells you that a time of passion is now beginning. You will be able to assert your best for all to see.
The Ace of Wands is also the card of creativity. Under it's influence, you can become a conduit for inspiration and invention.  Forget tired, worn-out solutions.  You have the chance to  be original.  Trust your own creative potential, and there will be no end to what you can achieve.



The outcome:

The Nine of Pentacles
From Learning the Tarot by, Joan Bunning)

The woman on the Nine of Pentacles is taking a leisurely stroll through the gardens of her estate. She is clearly a lady of refinement and grace, so it is incongruous to see on her left hand a bird trained to hunt and kill on command. Falconry is an unusual hobby for a gentlewoman, but it is the key to the special nature of this card.
On one hand, the Nine of Pentacles represents all that is most gracious, high-minded and civilized. Art, music and other forms of beauty are very much part of our physical world (Pentacles). Coins are present in this scene, but they are toward the ground. The business of life is important, but we don't have to focus on practical matters all the time. We can also enjoy the finer things of life. In readings, the Nine of Pentacles can imply an interest in these areas. It is also a sign that you may need to reject the coarse or offensive and seek the highest.
The Nine of Pentacles can also be a sign of discipline and self-control. This woman enjoys her cultured life because she has mastered her baser instincts. Her impulses work for her because they do not rule her. The falcon symbolizes all that is dark and unruly in human nature. Our shadow side can serve us well, but only when it is directed. Sometimes the Nine of Pentacles suggests that you must show restraint and self-control if you are to achieve your best efforts. You may have to "sacrifice" for the moment, but the results will be worth it.
This card is also a sign of self-reliance. Sometimes you must trust our own ability to handle a situation. Resist the temptation to let others do for you. You need to take matters into your own hands. Our elegant lady has done just that. She trusted in her own grit and determination, and now she enjoys all the best life has to offer.

Well now, I have been told!  I am a person who has gone through so many changes-I think we are all able to identify with changes.  I have more than one opportunity in front of me right now..in a few different areas of life.  What I am getting here is that I need to stay focused, be determined to pursue the things that I am passionate about.  The Ace as the challenge is screaming at me that I should not let these things go-I should use my creativity and don't be afraid to take a risk.  The Nine of Pentacles as the outcome is saying to me that I can get exactly what I want if I just DO-and don't let anything stop me or distract me.  I feel like I just got a kick in the pants!  
Ya know, yesterday I was thinking about how we all have people in our lives that change the energy of our day-they can alter our mood or change the course of our day.  Some of these people have a positive influence....most often, there is negativity attached.  I am so tired of fighting off the "uglies"!  It wears me down and distracts me from what I want to do with my life...it is my life...right?  

1 comment:

  1. Believe in yourself! First and foremost, and Go Girl!

    ReplyDelete