Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Dark Grimoire: New Deck Interview!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimoire

Back of Card












link to a page with all of the card images http://strangerealms.multiply.com/photos/album/118/Dark_Grimoire_Tarot

Thanks Koneta for turning me on to this interesting deck! http://newpathstarot.com/
As always, when I get a new deck I ask it a few questions.

                                                      What is your personality?

                                                                   The World



LWB:  Beyond the physical world created by the madman Azathoth, reaching The 
Beyond via the most subtle oneiric dimensions mean saving yourself and fulfilling your greatest dream. 

This deck seems to be telling me that it is all about paying attention to dreams.   Dreams give us knowledge.














                                                                   What can you teach me?

                                                                      The Knave of Swords:

Knave:
Passage of of the onset of a transformation;  the secret learning of the hidden knowledge of the pyramids.

The Swords are demons and represent thoughts and the element of air, corresponding to our own intellectual center, with the mind and it's potential.  If thoughts escape our control, they can become obsessions, taking the form of Demons that enslave the mind.


I think this deck will teach me to look deeper for knowledge.  This lady looks like she can make her own decisions-she is strong. Maybe this deck can teach me how to access some of the knowledge I have been looking for...there is such potential in this card.  See the light to the right of this lady?  Yet the sky is so stormy!  ?This is interesting indeed.  She has demon eyes too.  It just reminds me of "stormy thoughts".  I don't know if that even makes sense!







                                                                                 What do you think of me?
                                                                                         Seven of Swords


Seven:  Mental and physical actions are developing dynamically. 

The Swords are demons and represent thoughts and the element of air, corresponding to our own intellectual center, with the mind and it's potential.  If thoughts escape our control, they can become obsessions, taking the form of Demons that enslave the mind.

I think the guy in this card has made himself as prepared as he can be!  I don't know exactly what to think of this card.  Thoughts are creeping in while he is sleeping?  Protect your knowledge with a big gun?  I just can't connect with this one!











                                                               What will this deck bring me?
                                                                   The Five of Chalices



Five:  There is opportunity to move on to a higher level of consciousness, but there is also uncertainty and difficulty in abandoning personal convictions.
The Chalices are Dreams and represent emotions and the element of water, corresponding to our ow physical center, joys and pains.  Dreams are delicate and are held in the heart like wine in a chalice.
Dreams sometimes well and overflow, like tears in our eyes when we are moved.

It looks to me like the turning away from the things that you are comfortable with, the things you love. It seems to be an unhappy card.  Yet, the sea is very tranquil.  Maybe it is simply saying it is never easy to let go of the things we care for?

Well!  That was a very crazy reading-that really didn't make much sense to me at all!  Perhaps I will understand this all later, after I have had some time to work with these cards.
For the moment, I am left wondering what it was that drew me to these...it doesn't seem to make any sense.  The LWB is really not any help at all-in fact, it makes it more difficult to understand.  I will try to research this deck and work with it a little until I figure out if it's useful or just a deck for me to put on the shelf!
I tis worth noting that there are two swords, one chalice and one major in this spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment