Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Queen of Swords

The Queen of Swords is an interesting card when you look at the symbols...the butterfly is the first thing that caught my eye.  Then the cherub.  After that, I noticed the left hand is extended and raised.  There is a road behind her and clouds in the sky.  A bird is flying overhead.  This lady looks to me like she has everything under control.  One of the coolest things I have read about the Queen of Swords comes from the Cosmic Tribe Tarot:  "Lead with the sword of reason, not the weapon of fear."
The Page of Wands:
If you look at this card as the "challenge" today, it could very well be a person in my life.  There is someone who causes "discord" a lot.  But since I have been reading "Tarot Dynamics" I am looking at Pages in a new light.  This could be about changes.  Interesting take on the Page of Wands.
The Two of Wands:
If you look at this as the "possible outcome", there is something happening here...a bold decision is being made.  I like the idea that this card can indicate personal power.
As "advice" the Empress is so "earthy"...it can be about being a mother or having a full life.  I like the idea of the Empress sort of telling you to be who you really are...keep yourself grounded and good things will follow.
I would say that these cards have summed up my day.  I had to make a decision today that wasn't popular but, it needed to be done. I didn't use threats or bravado, I stated the facts plainly and refused to be moved or swayed.  The challenging part of this was that my old pattern of trying to make everyone happy was nagging at me!  The fact is, I cannot be in two places at the same time and when this happens, we must look at priorities.  So, I did: and that was that!
The outcome of all of this was that I felt like I was in control of the situation-instead of feeling like I HAD to be somewhere when someone else demanded an appearance!  I think in the long run, I have gained a little respect for this...at least this person knows that I can make choices based on facts.  
So!  Don't be afraid to say "HELL NO!  I AM NOT GOING TO DO THAT!"   

No comments:

Post a Comment