Pages

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Thoughts about the New Year:


Lots of people make resolutions every New Year; most of us find that we can’t keep them.  In my opinion, this adds guilt to an already complicated life!  I have often wondered why we keep making resolutions if we know, deep down, we are setting ourselves up for failure?  Maybe we’re just going about it all wrong?  These are the things that tumble around my brain every New Year’s Eve.
I’m beginning to think that the best way to make a resolution is to sit down and meditate.  Follow your Higher Self’s vision of the changes that need to be made.  I suppose you could also meditate with your favorite Tarot Deck and get the answers too.
I have made up my mind that there will be no list this year, no empty promises to do this, that or the other thing.  This is going to be the year that I am more truly ME.  This is the message that I received, the HOW will come to me as needed.   If you’ve had a particularly challenging year, this might just help you to feel uplifted and empowered to let go of the disappointments, the hurts and the burden of so many challenges.  Maybe it can help you to release any bitterness you’ve been harboring in your heart.  (I know for me, this is a big one!)  Letting go of bitterness is easier said than done.  Maybe, this is the year that you will learn to love yourself, accept who you are and find peace.  We hear the words all of the time “You must love yourself before you can love others” but, do we really know HOW to love ourselves?  I’m not sure I know this lesson yet…
So, before you make that big list of things that you will do in 2011, take a moment and connect with your inner self, let yourself be guided to the place you need to be, it doesn’t matter where everyone else is going, it only matters that you be YOU.



No comments:

Post a Comment